Saturday, November 26, 2005

Out and about

Did a little holiday partaking last evening. Tour de Burg bar crawl. Had Ames stayed out any later it would have been a crawl. Drinks w/ Scott & Wendy, until Amy got the "I gotta go's." We sit down at MARS and she sips her French Martini and bing bam whammy. "We gotta go." Well it was really fun while it lasted. Had I continued to partake I would have been well over the legal limit, and since I drive around all day for work, a DUI really does not fit very well.
Out on the fixed gear Friday. Sweet 90 minute ride. 32 and windy, but I was bundled in my FORT thermal jacket, so I was toasty. I have become absolutely smitten with the Surly Steamroller. It is so simplistic it is fun. No more worries about forgetting to stop pedaling, even after coming off of 150 rpm sprints. Actually toying with the idea of racing track this year. Something new, and far less pressure upgrading from 5-4-3-2 than trying to finish off a Cat 1 upgrade.
That is enough for this topic, more tomorrow after Reston MAC race.

No comments: