Sunday, April 09, 2006

Visions of Cross Nats danced through my head

They were not good visions either. Cross Nats, worst conditions ever on a bike. Bar none.
Philly two-day was this weekend. Here is a VERY brief synopsis. My desire to write race reports has waned. Plus 44 laps and shit runs together.
Saturday was 41, windy and raining. I was not liking this. To add insult to injury, my trainer finally broke when I was 1 minute into warming up. No warm-up, nasty weather and 51 miles. Blech. The whole was basically there. Jared freakin' rocked. Dude is awesome. Everyone was in breaks, and was really active.
Sunday was a tropical 55 and Sunny. Lemon Hill course, which is wicked fun. Lots of attacks and a big group of ten sticks with Colin & Fred in it. Then with 6 or 7 to go, they somehow get pulled back. G, Jared and I are near the front and Mark Light comes from way back with a rippin' attack. Hacker smartly follows and we now have a guy in a break, so we chill. Hacker stays off, there was no doubting that by us. We get ready to set up a leadout and Colin attacks and dangles for 2 laps. We can not chase and at one to go the field swallow the front and G, Jared & I reposition. G is so smart & fast, he takes 2nd in the field sprint doing the leadout. Jared is not far behind that & I not far off Jared.
What a success, as Jared beats Gui N. and takes the omnium. Hacker's move gives him second. Stephan's sprint lands him in 5th. Stubna ends up in the last money at 10th. Colin, Steevo & I are somewhere probably around 12-15th. Good weekend for the team. The guys are flying. Now it is time for me to actually start doing structured training. I have held off due to a long cross season. Now it is time to pay the piper.
Eric's b-day was Saturday & I interloped on a gathering at his place and crashed there. Thanks again Jules and Eric. Ames was at a scrap-fest Saturday making some cool pages of her Cape May vaca & KB's 30th. Sunday she took "the girls" to a gym play party for one of her ex-coworkers son's b-day. I would have loved to have seen that.
No posts lately as I have been generally uninspired or do not feel like writing about stuff. We shall see.
Blah, blah blah

No comments: