Wednesday, August 15, 2007

CAR BACK!!!

After much driving around running bike errands yesterday I tried in vain to make a group ride in Mechanicsburg. I missed by 5 minutes. I took off guessing where they may be going, but to no avail. It was good anywho. JRA. Go hard when I felt like it, easy when I felt like it. Very nice, I like.
As I am in the middle of a hard effort, I approach the bottom of a rise. I see three riders in front of me near the top. Hmmm, yeah I will catch them on the downhill sweeper. I contact the engine room and the furnace responds. I am flying and the downhill is a sweeper left, then over some RR tracks. All of this at about 40ish. As I get closer to the riders I realize this may not be so smooth. Not being sexist here, there are some facts that are inevitable. Women do not decsend as well as men. Especially local training ride women. Now put the aformentioned ladies on TT BIKES and mission control we have a problem. Couple that with the fact that I can decend and corner with the best P 1,2 riders around. I come screaming to the left and the first lady starts to move left then shouts out to alert her two riding partners ahead of her. CAR BACK! Yes, she shouts up car back. In that moment the shit of Christiana faded away. Unfortunately the two ladies in front now decide to take the whole lane and grab handfuls of brake at the RR track. I swing left and double hop the the two sets of tracks and see a car approaching at me. Still enough time to move right and drill the little rise and finish off my hard effort.
I have been called a lot of things, some good and some bad, in my life. Until yesterday I was never called a car. I liked it.
Car back, and proceeding full speed ahead.

4 comments:

megA said...

HA!

I called two dudes "car back" on last thursday's ride. i was getting ready for the town line sprint, and started to move left, then i hear this NOISE and i yelled car back--nope just two big sprinter types beating me to the punch.

DAMN you sprinter types!!!

xo
m

Anonymous said...

Hey Hebe, give me a call when you get a chance. I have some questions for you.

Dan W. (ddub)
302-383-6177

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Since when can you corner with the "best pro 1,2 riders around"...?

You're having delusions of adequacy, white boy.

Thanks,
Burt

dk said...

sexist