Sunday, February 19, 2006

Da girls

So I finally get home from my team ride today and Ames was watching our neices. Riley who is 4 and Maggie who is 2. They are quite the little pair. I walk in the door and Amy is in the obligatory lapper chair, laptop that is for all you depraved fiends. The girls are "hiding" on thefloor behind her. I play along saying I can not see them, they start to giggle. So now I threaten them with tickling unless they come out and say hello. More giggling, so it is tickle time. Now keep in mind, that I have been listening, yes listening to MRN on the way home and I know their is only 10 laps to go in Daytona. The predicament is that Charlotte's Web is on TV. So I "ask" the girls if I may change the show, and they agree as long as I "fly" them.
No problem, 10 laps, 5 minutes a few lifts in the air. So I pick one up and quickly lift them in the air and set them on the coach, then I pick the other up. Well the little shavers realize I can not really turn them down, so it is like a little production line. Lift, set down, pick up, lift set down and on and on. As I set one down and pick up the other, the one I just set down is now waiting for round 2,3,15,37. All of this as I try diligently to watch the end of the race. Damn cautions keep the game going far too long. Finally I made both of them sit down on the coach with me and watch the last two laps. I coached the oldest, Riley, to make sure she tells Mommy & Daddy that she watched NASCAR with Uncle Mike this weekend. That out to be priceless. Like when I tought a two year old Riley to do the "hook 'em horns" fingers and raise her arm above her head and say "Rock and Roll". SHe actually walked around for a while with her fingers in the Hook em Horns position. Damn I'm a cool uncle.
Well now I am doing laundry, some Lilly work, Ebay listing and getting ready for a well needed shower.
Good eve, all.

9 comments:

dk said...

How do you get stuck doing laundry??? I'm not allowed to get within 10 feet of the washing machine. Lose a bet or something?

He to the B said...

I do my stuff and she does hers. I have changed the color of some of Amy's undergarments before. I am not a big fan of seperating colors & whites.

Jackie Brown said...

He SUCKS at doing laundry. I go crazy when I find MY Harvard quality clothes jammed in the dryer with his 15 year old Molson duck long sleeved shirt that he got for answering a friggin trivia question at the Sierre Madre! Then he lets them sit there for days on end so they are wrinkled up like a freaking SHAR PEI! (those wrinkle dogs!)
These Lays chips suck too.

He to the B said...

Quick, cue the violinist, the whine and cheese party is starting. Oh my mistake it already started with G to Freakin' gaybo H!

dk said...

Whoa! Auntie Flow payin a visit or what??

Jackie Brown said...

No. She's not. This is how it is in the Hebe household.
I'm right.
He's wrong.
Period!(or not! hahahaha)

Fort James said...

For the record:

1)Sorting clothes by color is a scam that the detergent companies started so they can sell more product.

2)If clothes are wrinkly in the dryer, just turn it back on for 10 minutes.

3) A hot dryer can get any wrinkle out of a shirt or pants. Irons really are not needed. I never use one.

dk said...

Truer words were never spoken. Well said Fort James. Yet another one of those domestic chore scams.

Jackie Brown said...

I don't iron either.
But.......try this. Go buy a red shirt. Then......slap it in the washer with all your whites....t-shirts, tightie whities, socks, all that shit. Wash it on hot or warm, then throw them all in the dryer together. Voila- you now have pink socks, pink undies and pink t-shirts. If you wanted pink undergarments you would have bought them pink, not white, right???