Sunday, February 19, 2006

Meet & greet

This weekend was the official Meredith Group-GPOA team meeting, bonding, riding weekend. Of course it was wicked cold. Saturday was a team ride, but I missed it due to helping out at my buddy's shop. Holemes Cycling & Fitness for all of your cycling & fitness needs. After a day of retail I hopped in the Blaze and headed for Warminster. I arrive just in time to grab a beer say my hellos & intros, order food and set off to our meeting. After a delicious Italian take-out meal, compliments of our tireless DS Denny Dansak, we started the meeting. Basically it was lay out the rules of the road so to speak, figure our race schedule, and go over team & individual goals. After a very productive and and at times quite funny meeting it was almost 11:30. We parted ways to meet up at 11:00 for day two of team riding. I missed Saturday, but it seemed like a very good ride with 12 guys for 4+ hours. Sunday was about the same with eight of us and 4+ hours again. It was 19 degrees out when we started. Remarkably it really was not uncomfortable once my face was sufficiently numb. We hit out for 71 miles all told with some good paceline work and time to talk more with my new mates Steevo, Stubna and Geronimo. I was very impressed with the way everyone rode. A group of 5 of us pushed a 1-2 mile dirt climb and thatb felt good. I know I came away from the 36 hours with a great feeling about our team and how we are riding. With the firepower we have, it should be a successful year. I really think we will rise to the occasion and above at some big races. It will be great to lay it down to watch Jared, Nate, Rob, Geronimo et al finish it off. We have great workers and classy winners. This will be fun. Stay tuned for more as we get our fancy new steeds and their fancy new hoops.
Yeah boys & girls I am more excited than I have ever been to race. The team rocks!

1 comment:

steevo said...

dude we are totally going to shred!