Sunday, June 18, 2006

Damn Birds

If the freakin' birds outside the bedroom keep me awake again tonight I am getting a pellet gun/pistol tomorrow. I crash in the spare bedroom if I can not sleep. Outside the window is a tree which is home to these evil nocturnal birds. They woke me at 1:30 this morning, so I went outside to show them who is boss. I picked up a handful of mulch and whipped it into the tree. Problem solved, or so I thought. Ten minutes and they are back at it, this time it seems louder. I go downstairs and debate my next step. Glass of water or the garden hose. Since the neighbors in front of us are still awake, he is a nurse with weird hours, I opt for the pint vs. hose method. The little f'er is chirping to high heaven, so I douse him. Shut him up good.
Now realize there is actually a great deal of forethought and trepidation involved in this process. First I was somewhat scared because I witnessed a bird of the same make and model as my little chirping friend attack a squirrel yesterday. Yes, he/she/it was divebombing a squirrel and beaking it. I was riding and had a front row view of the bird chasing the squirrel across the street, dippin' & divin' until the squirrel found solace under a shed. So at 1:30am I am thinking I am going to hose down this little monster and then the bird will attack me and beak my eyes out. So now I am blind, bleeding and rolling in the front yard. So I decide the pint cup is my best option. Then I think the super-evil Hitchcockian bird will somehow chase me in the house. Now I am being beaked in my own abode & have to explain to Ames why I have awoken her with my screaming. Yes, there is a lot of thought process that happens at 1:30am to shut up a little varmin. So tonight I will see if the bird will wake me. If he does it again, than Charlton Heston will then be my president, albeit a pellet or BB gun. Charlton would still be proud as I excercise my right to bear BB arms.
Wish me luck.

4 comments:

dk said...

Lest we not forget about the "albino" chupacabras last seen by AMY roaming the woods behind your house. Freaky shit, Brutha.

Unknown said...

Its time someone takes thems birds out back and shows 'em how the real man is.

Jackie Brown said...

It was a Mountain Lion dammit! I have witnesses! Let's not forget that MIKE saw it the day after I did, AND it was confirmed by my x-neighbor that they saw it previous to me seeing it! I even talked to the know it all across the street who's lived here forever, her daughter works for the township and yes, they've had them at Pinchot which is NOT far from us. I researched, they have a 100 mile radius territory! It was here!

dk said...

.......uh huh