Sunday, June 25, 2006

Long day in the saddle

Not really.
It was a long day on the couch though. Shitty weather and some decent sports, World Cup, F1 & NASCAR, at least for me. It started with the England vs. Portugal game. I missed maybe the first fifteen minutes after getting back form a nice easy ride. However, from 11:30 on I was on fire logging almost eight hours of big couch time. After a little nap during the F1 race, I got nutty and switched couches and positions. I went from the couch to the loveseat, and seated to reclined. Yep, that was the big news of my day. Back to the couch for NASCAR.
The England match was pretty good. I do get sick of all the fake flopping those guys do, yet it was still a good match.
F1 was the typical race to turn one and that is all she wrote. Schumi did drive a nice race, but positioning is everything.
NASCAR was a road course, so it was one of the two days where they actually have to show skill. No real surprise in who dominated. Gordon was spot on. Reminded me of the SPEED Network special where he drove Juan Pablo Montoya's F1 ride at Indy. He rocked out at .5 seconds slower than JPM, after about an hour in the car. Say what you will, the dude can drive.
All in all it was pretty f'in boring today. The only real highlights were a killer brunch & dinner that Ames made.

2 comments:

Zach said...

A perfect day to dream about cross :)

dk said...

Just a couple more days and you can celebrate one solid month of post-free bloggerness. Don't forget, you have a responsibility to your fans. dk