Monday, August 07, 2006

Fun in the sun

New race yesterday. Awesome course for a first year race. Yellow line rule shmellow line rule. Yeah, that lasted about 10 minutes. Rippin fast, but easy to sit in. Hacker was an attacking stud yesterday. Went twice, once for about 1 1/2 laps solo. I sat second third wheel and watched him ride. It was impressive. Tried to go once but the filed kept coming then Trey would not work, so that was failed. Two mile to go and I positioned Jared at the front. Swarm hits and Kyle Eckley helps us out before Nate takes over. We were just too far away. Young TSV guys & Ideal Tile guys get jumpy and all hell breaks loose on the little climb. I am positioned well in 6th, then Mike Miller decides today is his day to learn how to sprint & chops the corner, gapping both of us. Fight to get back in line & end up eighth. Jared meanwhile ramps it from a LOOOONG way out and hold for third. I end up ninth. Miller 16th. At least that is what i think the blurry ffinish photo said.
Then off to our very hospitable afternoon hosts Rob & Caroline Hacker for some awesome beer, food & swimming. What a fun afternoon. There was more dry cutting humor in one gathering than at Last Comic Standing audition. Rob crushed the grill with the some aplomb as his race attacks. It was classic when Caroline's mom was busting Rob. "Isn't my son-in-law just the smartest son-in-law." I wish I could remember whar precipitated that exchange, it was priceless. I think Hacker slipped me a BOCA burger instead of a real flesh burger though. My GI was all rumbly for the way home. Rob & Caroline, thanks again for the great afternoon.

No comments: