Thursday, August 24, 2006

Integrity for sale, 40% off

So, I decide I need some new shorts for the beach this weekend. I have not purchased any new shorts lately, so it was high time. I decided the Bon Ton would be my best bet to get some nice casual shorts for a good deal. I get to the shorts section and find a few pair that are my size and are pretty nice. Since I have this hang-up on spending any money on myself, I guess it is common among my "people", I am hoiping the sale price of $40/pair is discounted. I look around to see if there is any sign, anf lo and behold I see a 40% off sign above the Nautica SHIRTS. Well maybe this applies that is a bonus. I go to checkout and a very nice lady helps me out. I am trying to see the screen as she rings my shorts up, and viola 40% off. Sweet. Pair number two gets their attention and whoaaaa nelly. What gives, something is amiss. The formerly nice lady is now questioning me. Sir, this pair comes up as 80% off. Is there an 80% off sign at this rack? Uhhh what to do. " I am not sure?" "I just pulled all the shorts off the same Nautica rack, so I assumed they would be the same price." This is strange she says two pair are 40% off, and this pair is 80% off. They are all the same brand. At this point, I know damn well what the sign said, I also know damn well I was quick on my feet with the "all the same brand, I just figured blah blah blah BS." We have come to a retail impasse. She then gives me this look like, I am going to hook you up. The friendly check-out lady then says, "how about I just ring all of these shorts up at 80% off." What am I to say? No really, I appreciate the hospitality, but I would prefer to pay the extra $30. No, I did what any good retail shopper did. I marked down my integrity by an additional 40%.
Thank you Bon Ton.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JFC!!! This is as bad as those BCIs who demand their 10% discount on a $1.99 patch kit.