Sunday, September 10, 2006

Been a while

A little chronology.
8/25 Who knows, who cares
8/26 Ames & I went to Cape May for a few days
8/27 Beautiful day at the beach
8/28 See above
8/29 AC for some Pai Gow. Flummoxed at first then the flow came back.
8/30 Came home as it was to be a rainout due to Ernsto & we needed to get stuff done at home
8/31 Mowed the yard. First time since July 4th weekend
9/1 see 8/25. Started to rain
9/2 Rain and more rain
9/3 B-day brunch at Mom's w/ Eric & Julie. The to the Kessels for more b-day food & fun
9/4 39 baby
9/5 Work again, blah. Possible good news on the career front
9/6 see 9/5
9/7 Very good lunch with manager looking to hire for the job that I want
9/8 see 9/5 & 6. Notice how rewarding my present job is
9/9 TT. 30 seconds off what I should have ridden. Beat person I needed to beat. Did cross clinic, that was very fun. YBR group is great and very thoughtful.
9/10 Decent ride today w/ DK. Middle hour was low-end tempo. Did not eat at all during ride and small breakfast haunted me. KABLOOIE, ZING, POW, BANG, CRASH. Yes I bonked as in 8 mph on a 14 mph climb. Just dying and shaking. Sucked down a Pepsi & hit Newberry diner with Ames. Slept on couch for two hours.
All caught up. Three weeks in 10 minutes. How uneventful.

No comments: