Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New ink

I have been tossing some ideas around in my head for some new ink lately. I am not really sure what to get done. I am sure Dr. Weaver will read this and cringe.
So the concept is around new beginnings, living (joie de vie, per se) and cycling. I presently have a upper arm tatt of a nickname for Amy. I do not want to destroy the tatt, but I no longer want it to be focal. It is a Japanese symbol for Pi. Basically a Pi symbol with three bars on the top and two thin bars on the left side. I like the symbol and also the concept of Pi being undefinable and ongoing. My quandry is do I make designs around the symbol or do I incorporate into a cover-up. I was thinking a cover-up with a Phoenix and a flame design. This would also meet my rebirth, rise from the ashes theme.
I am not a fan of bands, so no bike chain band around my 13" pythons. I am not a sleeve person either, but would not be averse to a large total shoulder area fill-in. What to do, what to do.

7 comments:

Captain Insano said...

Maybe a tattoo with blacklight-reactive ink? Check this out: www.thecoolhunter.net/lifestyle/THE-COOLEST-TATTOOs-YOU-WILL-EVER-SEE/

Anonymous said...

You know me well. But how well do I know you that this pursuit continues?

He to the B said...

Anonymous, you should take credit for that post. Thoughtful, yet a tad confusing. I am not sure of which pursuit you reference. A tatt, or the ability to where my feelings on my skin.
I have essentially commemorated three times in my life on my skin.
College friends and experiences.
10 year wedding anniversary and the feelings I had at that time.
The acknowledgement that the single longest love/relationship in my life was over.
Now I look to move forward and accept where and who I am at this point in my life.

Anonymous said...

i say you incorporate the Pi tat into the new one. one could cover it up, but that would be covering up a part of your life. despite the outcome of that, i think it's best to embrace that and work with the tat you have. let me know when you are going in. i'd love to tag along

Chris Mayhew said...

Dude, just get some wings and UNLOVABLE thru the middle.

Anonymous said...

unlovable? nice

Anonymous said...

all this talk of tat's. i'd say go for the whole shoulder. Don keeps saying how he wants another one, if he does, i'm going along to get one...just cant let the williams crew know.