Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy places & friendly faces

The first weekend of the MAC. So many good friends and acquaintances, there is hardly time to say hello to everyone. Two awesome events by two top notch promoters. Instead of naming names of everyone I was so happy to see and speak with, I will just say there were so many. I do not want to forget or slight anyone.
About a year ago this weekend is when I essentially stopped spending any free time at my own home, before I moved out for good. I left every Friday and came home Sunday night. No heartfelt goodbyes, no meaningful hellos. What a difference a year makes. I have come to grips with where I am at. It was not in my original plans, however I am pretty happy right now. This weekend further cemented that. I love the scene of the MAC, it makes me happy. The people make me happy. Racing my bike makes me happy. Doing well makes me happy. Hell, even rolling a tubie in warm-up did not really faze me. Yes, the MAC is my happy place. A true labor of love. An athletic community like no other. Everyone should be proud of what we have all fostered.
To everyone I spoke with this weekend, thanks for the kind words. Thanks for taking some of your valuable time to share, even if only a minute of it, with me. This weekend truly was my pleasure. To those I missed, I am sorry. I will catch up soon.
Hell, even the strong possibility of a shit day at work tomorrow can not dampen my spirits.
Don't let the bastards get you down.

1 comment:

megA said...

YOU make ME happy.

not enough time, ever.

i miss the days of 16 of us meeting for dinner before heading our seperate ways home. . .

i saw you roll the tubie on the warm-up and you truly were not phased--amazing.

this weekend was a happy happy place for us all.

see you in two weeks??

xoxo
m