Thursday, June 05, 2008

In the ongoing spirit...

...of preparing less and less for each successive National meeting that I attend, I tried to set a new low bar today. I tried, but i did prepare, and I probably prepped a bit more than last time. Damn. Mostyly due to online testing and content I had to listen to for four hours. Just when I thought I had the bar lowered.
Did manage a wicked cool little workout on the bike today. A little STXC/cross practice. Accelerate for 15 seconds, then spin 15 seconds. Repeat for twenty minutes. Spin easy for 15 minutes and do again. Basically race a couple STXC's in a ride. The cool thing about a Power Tap, Sez & Hoovis can flame away, is you can see your efforts. I set the parameters and voila, there were the fruits of my labor. Eighty 15 second efforts at 430-500ish watt avgs.
Enough geekdom.
A little more news on my friend about the upcoming procedure, diagnosis, treatment alternatives left me a teary eyed. In two weeks there will be a definitive plan. If you are religious, say a prayer. If not, like myself, keep my friend in your thoughts. I can not even fathom the amount of stress and anxiety the next two weeks will bring. Good thing they are strong.

1 comment:

Spice said...

There's nothing wrong with powermeters if you "can" ride bike.

Some guys can't even ride a paceline and they have those things.