Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mike Bennet once said... Redux

..., not long after he threw Roger Hickoff out of 12th grade English. Yes, physically lifted him and threw him out of the room and touching down into the lockers across the hall, ahh the good ole days of education. Sorry, I digress. Mick said after the incident "You just need to know when to BOG." "Hickoff did not know when to BOG, so I threw him out." Something to that affect as it was 1985 and shit gets a tad hazy.
I was a bit afraid to ask what BOG meant, being that he just threw one of my best friends about eight feet threw the air, but I pressed on. "BOG?"
"Yes, BOG. Bow Out Gracefully." "Know when you are down and leave."
Well, today I BOG'd my ride. Totally felt like death. Maybe it is the 8 hard days out of 15 since NOLA trip? Maybe the head cold i can not seem to shake? Maybe it was the two concerts thrown in the middle? Maybe it was the copious amounts of beer from last night? Maybe it is Global warming? Maybe I suck ass?
Who knows, but 20 minutes in I was thinking about escape routes. Shit of it is, they are all climbs. So I decided the longer gradual climbing route home was the deal. Eff it. I went home and proceeded to nap for twice as long as I rode. Maybe I was/am tired?
If the bike is not fun, then there is no point.
I hope it rains like hell tomorrow so I can lay around and be a sloth, and not feel guilty about it.
If the Crowes would have played for 90 minutes last night their set would have kicked the shit out of DMB's set.

No comments: