Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Clipper Inn Bed & Breakfast Freeport Maine

This post goes out to the honor of Captain Ron. This is my personal thank you for making my Mother's birthday such an experience to remember.
It is my sincere hope that this blog entry will forever change the way you do business.
My Mother is in Maine visiting friends at the present time. For her birthday she wanted a night stay at a B&B in Freeport, ME. She sent a link of B&B's, so I looked at them and tried to pick a nice one. I settled on the Freeprt Clipper Inn. The rooms looked nice and each had a private bath. The Inn was within walking distance of Freeport. I was able to make an online reservation. I received email confirmation and forwarded that to my mother.
Fast Forward to yesterday. My Mom arrives in Freeport and goes to the Inn at 6:15. Check in was anytime before 7:00pm. Upon arriving she was greeted very tersely by the Innkeeper. He informed her that she was late. My mother clarified that check-in went until 7:00, and provided her name. She was then informed that there was not a room for her. They were booked. My mother was confused as she pulled out the email with the confirmation. At this point my mom is still outside. The Innkeeper curtly states "come in". My mother says she is confused, because the confirmation shows payment. The Innkeeper replies, "well I do not have your money". My mother is even more confused. I forget what she said next. The Innkeeper replied, "get out". No trying to rectify the situation or even slightly understand it. No help offered at all. No call to Webservations to clarify. Zippo. My mother again states she does not understand. To that the Innkeeper says, "FUCK YOU!" He then turns and walks away.
My mom is 62, about five foot tall on a good day and could not utter a mean word to anyone. Trust me when I say we are polar opposites as it relates to colorful language. For me to hear thsi last night made me equal parts sad, livid, and just plain angry.
As we spoke I looked up the Maine Innkeepers Assoc site, which the Clipper Inn is a member. I hope my mom went to the business and filed a complaint. I also hope she files a complaint with the Freeport, ME Better Business Bureau.
Until that time I will use this blog entry as feedback on the Clipper Inn B&B in Freeport, ME. I hope every tourist that googles that place sees this blog entry.
So, Clipper Inn, consider this my most sincere way of thanking you for the steallar treatment you showed my mother.
By the way.
EFF YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You know how to take a reservation, you just do not know how to KEEP a reservation"

Jerry Seinfield.

Eff 'em. Not staying there next year.

Anonymous said...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40643-d610429-Reviews-Freeport_Clipper_Inn_Bed_Breakfast-Freeport_Maine.html my wife and i have used the reviews on this site and they have been helpful. i would google the clipper inn and report them to any B&B organizations that they are members of.

jmblg said...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g40643-d610429-r18726609-Freeport_Clipper_Inn_Bed_Breakfast-Freeport_Maine.html


same thing....

Unknown said...

Nice to read this post about the Bed and breakfast edinburgh..