Monday, October 13, 2008

Good times

Since damn near all these blatherings are about bike races why change. It was a loooong bike race weekend after all. Iron Cross weekend has come and gone and I have noticed a few things about myself.
I still like to be involved with helping a race come to fruition.
I still dislike being one of the last people around tearing down a course.
Friends will always get my help.
I am riding pretty fast, if I may say so myself.
Mean, Mt Vesuvius Hebe is a faded memory, thank god.
Mechanicals will eventually happen, how you deal with them is the key. I finally can.
I like racing a death spiral where you can pedal and attack.
Crossing a finish line and seeing my lovely lady is awesome.
Spending time catching up with friends is a blast.
Meeting more of Kara's friend's is also a blast.
I would kick Hoovis's ass in a tri-geek game.
I love lazy mornings.
I do not need to race cross twenty times to feel good.
I do not want to race cross twenty times.
I feel like a little kid when I ride a bike in the woods.
I feel like a little kid at Christmas when I see that awesome smile.
After reading through Random Acts of Kindness, I realize I can be a better person.

For those who wanted a piss and vinegar diatribe about my Iron Cross experience, sorry, not this time. Like I said to someone Sunday. It is still a beautiful day and I got to spend it on my bike and with friends. That is awesome.

4 comments:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Fuck you...look at my splits:

4th out of the water.

1st on the bike by many minutes.

48th on the run, beaten by masters, women, and several competitors in the lower body amputee category.

Oh yeah, and where were you?

Thanks,
Burt

He to the B said...

4th out of the water?!?!?!?! Was it a Special Olympics swim? I knew you would have the best bike split. I was at Iron Cross. You know, a real man's race.
Shall we pick a date for the death match, a la Coggan/Albright?

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Don't we have to pick an event first?

Thanks,
Burt

Spice said...

Hebe. every time I come up in this joint, it gets gayer with every click.