Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gay like happy, or gay like well you know?

Yeah he hit it on the head. The blog has turned a bit introspective, shall we say. The ole piss and vinegar is just not there right now. No worries you still have these offerings to tide you over, each are first class readings.
Again I miss the Beer & Booze at Black Lane due to the Granogue/Wiss weekend. Someday, I promise. Today & tomorrow I step it up to roll the Elite class. That ought to be fun. If they hold it together, the top seven each day should be the guys who have represented the US at cross worlds last year. Fun times, the goals are finish in the money and on the same lap. Oh yeah get through the start unscathed each day.
Seems politics, taxes, banking crisis are hot cyclist blog topics these days. I liken that to James Carville blogging about bike racing. We know just enough on the surface to be relatively informed and super dangerous. After renouncing my Republican ties last year I find myself looking to vote not for the candidate that I feel I relate to, but more against the candidates that I feel are not right. I guess that is reason enough? I generally loathe the political and electoral process. It brings out the absolute worst in people. Slander, mistruths and lies, all for personal glory. There is so little substance offered for a person to make an educated decision for their candidate. At least there are a few more weekd of Tina Fey skits to look forward to.
Let me see if I can stir up a little something something.
Here is my Presidential pick.
If the weather is super shitty nasty McCain will win. If the weather is predominantly nice across the country Obama will win. Draw your own stereotypical conclusions.
Can I write in Burt Hoovis on my ballot?

No comments: