Saturday, January 10, 2009

New year, new leaf

Obviously my last post alluding to more literary prowess went by the wayside. With so many things to pontificate upon maybe I was just overwhelmed?
After a much needed two week hiatus from work, I have hit the new year fresh, relaxed and in better spirits than I have seen for years. Which segues into part of the new leaf for '09.
I am going back to my roots, so to speak. I entered the bike game as a geek, and I am returning to geekdom. Well, at least off-road geekdom. In search of something different than just turning circles, I am going to compete in XTerra races this summer. The end goal has not changed from the past few seasons, National Champion. Legit National Champion this year. No gravity hucking, pure endurance for '09. Maybe this is even more legit than any two wheeled only national Championship I have been striving for? Maybe not, just more work.
So yes, the bike leaf has changed, at least somewhat.
The personal leaf, now that will make any success or lack thereof in 2009 pretty insignificant. No matter what happens on the bike, it is only a bike. I go to bed and wake up a happy, fortunate man.
Time to ride some virgin snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...what a waste of a perfectly good bike racer

Spice said...

Exterra?

do they wear speedos in that too?

steevo said...

Dont they make shit tons of money at this? let me know how that goes.