Sunday, December 18, 2005

Fixie fun???

Not really. Rode w/ DK today. We said we would ride last evening, I decided it would be a straight and flat shot then return. Boring yes, but good for fixed gear. Easy to keep 19, and few hills. Well for some reason I turned off on a road that I knew put us into some serious rollers. Rollers suck for the fixie. I have got it to where I can keep 25 relatively comfortably for extended downhills. The shit is, that is 150 rpm's. So when the geared guys are coasting I am spinning sick. Yeah, it was harder than I wanted, but it was fun. Not much conversation since I was constantly way behind on descents, then busting it to catch on before the next roller. To ad insults to injury I slid out on some downhill ice & railed my knee. Pretty sore right now, and three of my ribs have distinct scrapes and bruises. Pretty funny looking actually.
Next time I institute winter gear restrictions w/ Gus, 53-23 or 38-16. I will be nice and allow coasting though.
Ames ripped up a killer broccoli casserole and spiced up chicken for dinner. Damn fine. Played some cribbage w/ Wendy later, Amy won by one peg. Damn! Henze & Bob get home Wednesday, it will be good to see them. Rumor has it, the Island Bar will be open Friday night.
Christmas just around the corner now and I am done shopping. The internet has made me even more of a hermit than before. I do most stuff online and love it.
Till the next time.

8 comments:

Jackie Brown said...

Mike's little wipe out on the 'fixie' should have cost him $100.00. I bet him he'd wreck it by March. He's claiming he would have wrecked on the ice no matter which bike he was on. I say he was on the 'fixie', he wrecked, he owes me $100.00. Period.

dk said...

As a witness to the "wipe out" I feel it is my duty to clear up this little dispute. Amy, you lose. We were headed down a complete sheet of ice. Mike is right, any bike would have netted the same result. Why did I not also go down you ask? If not for my keen bike handling skills matched with superior balance, I certainly would have. Now get back to your Ricky Martin DVD.

Jackie Brown said...

Listen up shorty, you freaking midget sized rear brake riding smartass. The bet was he wrecks the bike before March. He did. I win. Game over.

dk said...

I don't see how me being 5'7 1/4" has anything to do with this. I can't argue with smartass though. I'm thinking in the spirit of your "bet", it had more to do with a fixed gear and less to do with riding down a sheet of ice in mid-December. I'm only sticking up for my coach here.

Fort James said...

I'm thinking you owe the lady some money, but what do I know?

Jackie Brown said...

Fort James YOU RULE! I love a man who recognizes the loser of a bet!

He to the B said...

James. I am pissed. I just had to leave "The girl next door" w/Elisha Cuthbert, just to come up and respond to your ill-advised rhetoric.
One word, POPPYCOCK!

dk said...

Whoa! Don't get me started on Elisha. She's frikin hot. Sorry you had to walk away from that. Amy, I've got an idea on a compromise. You each give the other $50. FJ, what do you think? Sound fair?