Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Powers that be

Sometimes the logic of major companies escapes me. I will focus on the beloved Colonel today. Not Sanders, but Colonel Eli Lilly. I work for Eli Lilly Pharma in a Neuroscience position. We went through a realignment in November, to better align with our customers. I agree that we have WAY too many reps in our company, as does Pfizer, BMS, Merck and the other players. The bad should be pared away. I am all for that. Stop promoting 23-24 year old kids with no experience, but are willing to move to Indy to do some job for 18 months and then be christened a manager. Thet have no skills, except they were "geo flexible".
Sorry, I digress.
So people were realigned and some of the consequences were wacky. People living in a town, yet not having that town, and having to drive 1 hour to get to their territory. People who never sold a drug, no picking up a new drug and dropping what the sold in the past. Who knows. Go along with the flow & hope it works out. I am trying to change territories so that i can go back to selling something that I believe in & understand, vs something I have never sold. Does that not make sense? I will find out soon enough.

No comments: