Sunday, January 08, 2006

Walk the Line

Ames & I saw the Johnny Cash flick "Walk the Line" last evening. It was an interesting story of what makes a person tick. It was a study in how your earlist life experiences ultimately mold who you are and how you react to things. As the film went on, it seemingly portrayed Cash as he was. There was no glossing over the fact he was an addict for a certain period in his life. That he loved June from early childhood, and never thought it was wrong to keep loving her while he was married to his first wife. I love Biopic movies. I also enjoy seeing things that show the whole story, without the removal of the unseemly details. If I am not mistaken Cash's daughters were less than happy upon seeing the movie screening. I can see why. The flick concentrated on the side of their father that probably caused them the most pain.
I left the movie with a greater understanding of one of the most inflential country artists ever. I also walked away with a deeper appreciation of the power of passion and the heights it can take you. If you have not seen the movie, check it out. If you do not own any Cash in your music library, well that is your loss. Cash is not everyday listening, but it is required listening.

1 comment:

MyHusbandRules said...

Not every day listening? What sort of days are you living??

-Chris Mayhew (wife's account)