Sunday, January 08, 2006

On the road again

It is back to training for the road season again. After a massive 8 day off-season, I started with some easy 90 minute rides 12/18. Now three weeks later I am enjoying putting in the time. I had a great ride with a teammate, Fred Billet, on Friday. 2 1/2 hours around Valley Forge and the Philly bike path to manayunk and back. It was awesome to be with someone, riding and catching up. Fred is such a great guy and it made the time in the saddle more enjoyable. I do 90% of my training alone and without ever seeing another rider. Friday we saw probably two dozen people on the path. Keep in mind it was 37 out and in Jan. It is cool to see people exercising, commuting, training and just enjoying being on a bike.
The season is rolling around and the team, Meredith Group-GPOA has a weekend get-together next weekend in Philly. Hopefully we can figure out the priorities and see where we are in regards to fitness. With Nats in 7 Springs this year I am sure the PA crowd will be flying in the early season, so time spent riding now, is well spent.
The team has picked up Cannondale as a bike sponsor this year. Suffice it to say that the sponsorship agreement is very good. I can not wait to get aboard my new steed and get rolling. With another three weeks of base/JRA I should be ready to start putting down some efforts in Feb. I try to get in 1,000 miles of base before any efforts start. That way I can get some endurance back after cross eason. Until next time.

No comments: