Tuesday, January 10, 2006

By the numbers

1 Gears on the bike I have been riding
2 Fenders on the bike when it rains
3 Number of people who read this blog
4 Days until the MAC Hoo Ha
5 Straight seasons of 50+ races
6 Part of the name of a new road frame???
7 Complete bikes I have built up presently
8 Cogs on Gunnar's bike, 1 speed (fast)
9 Races in the MAC for 2006
10 Speed Dura-Ace, sweet
11 Speed needed to achieve 56 rpm's on the fixie
12 ounces in the Victory beer I had with dinner
13 Second part of the name of a new frame???
17 Fixed gear cog
19 Seasons of racing
20.6 Average speed for my last 30 minutes on the fixie tonight
21 Scarlett Johannson's age. New Time mag pic is not shabby
27 Bail out cog
28 Average speed of a Cat 2 crit
29 Average speed of a Cat 1,2 crit
30 Average speed of a Pro crit. ProCrit, that was funny. Get it, EPO. Brand name ProCrit.
34 How old you need to be to race in the 35+ category
35 Meaningless actual age
36 Top speed in a fixed gear sprint, actually 36.3
39 My actual age on 9/4/06
40 My racing age on 12/17/06. Cool how that works.
48 "Points" I have with Lilly, on 10/1/06. Need 80 to retire decently
55 The age at which I could retire and be professional blogger
Good night

7 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

I must be one of the three.
great countdown

Fort James said...

Must be more than 3. Fatmarc, DK, Jackie Brown, and Mrs. DK. Four, that makes four!

Hmmm. The # 1 could have been # of Fixed Gear Crashes, right?

dk said...

I got it! A revision to the list. 3-The number of hairs left on Mike's head. Waddya think, coach?

Jackie Brown said...

Let's add 56.
56 would be the temperature in our house when I woke up at 5am Sunday morning after coming home Saturday night from Manayunk to no electricity for 7 or 8 hours!

Fort James said...

Hmmm. And I thought 56 could be the number of minutes you waited for the Lexus in front of you to be moved. I wish I hung out 5 more minutes to see the white Rasta who owned it.

gwadzilla said...

50 races a year?

He to the B said...

Yes, 50. Last year was harder since all the road events were 1,2 events. The previous three years were mostly Masters and a few 1,2 races. Usually March through cross Nats. Not as bad or as much as it seems.