Thursday, January 19, 2006

In the Ipod, on the road

Here is a small sample of some Ipod tunes and how they rock to ride.
I am going to be a coach and do whole training programs based solely on songlists.

David Gray, This year's love. Good easy spin tune
The Verve, Lucky Man. see above
Black Crowes, Sometimes Salvation. Tempo
Kiss, Christine Sixteen. Jumps
Eminem, Lose Yourself. Four minutes of interval pain
Neil Young, After the Gold Rush. Immediately after the M
Kid Rock, Black Chick White Guy. 12 minutes of 50-11. Yes I said 50. New sprint secret.
The Smiths, How soon is now. Ames knows.
Johnny Cash, I've been everywhere. Fast pedal 120 rpm sets

Just a taste. So all you Ipod riders, what are you listening to when you hit the road?

4 comments:

Chris said...

The Ricky Gervais Show Podcast - hilarity and weirdness to help pass the time in z2.

Winter Chill 2 (disc 1) from Hed Kandi - to stay mellow and relaxed on the drive to races.

Husker Du - most any Bob song unleashes angst and emotion to fuel the intervals.

Grateful Dead - anything from Dick's Picks for mountain bike rides.

Nathan said...

Two seasons ago in Spain I did my entire winter base period to James Brown.

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

1st ten on my current traing mix
simple man cover- deftones
schism- tool
only god knows why- kid rock
how soon is now cover- afghan whigs
luckyman live- verve
It's going down- executioners
Thunder Kiss '64- white zombie
lit up- buck cherry
song 2- blur
lies and releases- envy

megA said...

This is my trainer playlist. Yes, I am a dork and have a trainer mix. I also have a mt. biking playlist, and a cyclocross videos playlist. I am very comfortable in my dorkiness.

Born Too Slow--Crystal Method
Crazy Train (Ozzy Dance Remix)--Madonna
Feel Good Inc.--gorillaz
groovy train--The Farm
Unsafe at any speed--Agent Orange
Song 2 (Blur cover)--My Chemical Romance
Show Me (fea. Pos from De La Soul)--Mint Royale
Hundred Mile High City--Ocean Colour Scene Voodoo Ray (Orig. 12" Mix)--A Guy Called Gerald
Happiness is a Warm Gun--Sonic Youth
Intergalactic (Fatboy Slim Remix)--Beastie Boys
The Only One I Know--Charlatans UK
When Dove's Cry (Fatboy Slim Remix)--Fatboy Slim
Cyclone--Dub Pistols
Get Free--The Vines