Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend rides

Bo f'ing ring!
Ames was away at Scrapapalooza III, so it was just me and Hobbes for the long weekend. I must say the high point of productivity was cutting back the ornamental grasses on Saturday. A whopping 30 minutes of work to my credit this weekend. Whew.
I figured it was a good weekend to get in some killer rides and not feel guilty about being gone all day. Entertained thoughts of driving to my new teammate, Stephan's place and going on a long ride with him. However, the season is long and less time spent driving somewhere to ride won out for Saturday. I decided to ride to Linglestown to meet up with the Faulkner Honda team and join their ride, then ride home. Since I was looking for 5 hours this would be the ticket, and it was. A relatively hard first hour or so got me to the ride, then 2 1/2 hours of pretty easy riding with FHR ( Watts went from 220 @ 1hr to 185 at 3.5 hours), then refuel and head home.
My old high school hoops coach rung in my mind. I could hear him scream. "Andy Miller" what is the shortest distance between two points?" " A straight freakin' line." That is another story altogether. My straight line took me over an 8%'er for a mile, and the steep .5 mile pitch to my house. Time to gear down and just get over them. I did, and it felt good to end with two climbs. 5:08 and 92 miles in for the day.
Sunday awoke to cool air and threat of rain. I better go soon. Rolled out at 10:00, and at 10:05 the rain started. Thank goodness I was rockin' the new Craft rain pants & rain jacket. I finally prepared. Zero power as i managed to also get sick somehow Saturday and purged everything from my system. So 1.5 raining hours of 38 degrees later I get home and dry off. Immediately the rain stops and within 30 minutes the sun peaks out and the temps rise. Stupid weatherman and his pm rain.
Well I did not purge everything, as I spent the rest of Sunday close to the bathroom. What a shitty day literally & proverbially. Even Desperate Housewives was a repeat.
I hope today is better, although 7:30 am Monday Conf calls are usually not harbingers of good news.
Later.

1 comment:

Geronimo K said...

Dang dude, I'm glad you didn't come over. You would've stank up my apartment!
I hope the butt piss is short lived.