Friday, May 12, 2006

Behind the musical curtain

Every song has a meaning. Play along with the Ipod.
Poison Pen, Gurus. Theta Chi and the boys. Friday at 10:00. Unreal.
Man overboard, Blink 182. Good upbeat, get you in the mood. A threshold interval staple.
Gardening at night, REM, good times at live shows. Star Lake. Wow, shit was easier 10-15 years ago.
Driver 8, REm. Blah. Time to remove this poo.
Adam's Song. Blink. what is up with the repeats. About suicide. How can you possibly think that your life is done at 16, at times I was not too far away.
Gin & Juice remix. John Popper. Whew. Blink was heavy & bad memories. Big, fat John giving a little spin on Snoppy doggy. Awesome cross genre cover.
Werewolves of London. Zevon. Lick getting a message from a long lost friend.
Wasting Time, Kid Rock. Nice. Ames & I saw the Kid at Mandaly Bay, on Lilly's dime. Rockin' cool show, plus the Colonel paid the tabe, for a good sales year.
Black chick, White Guy. Kid Rock. I will listyen to this all through. No quick ff after this line. I was registering for race this year & had the ear buds still in. The guy at reg, asked what are you listening to. A sly smile, i reply "Black chick, white Guy." Dudes look was priceless.
I will survive, Cake. Another cross genre beaut, Donna Summer's hair is going straight as I listen.
Add it Up, the Femmes. Gordon ganno is now a minster. Side one of the cassette is one of the best d=sides of party music anywhere. A Theta Chi staple, thank Sunday & Davis.
Queen, Fat bottom girls, funny how a raging flamer pens this tune & the greatest rock anthem ever. Freddy Mercury rocked.
Lawyers, Guns 7 Money, Zevon. AAAHHHH there is that call from an old friend.
Six different Ways, The Cure. Robert Smith put aside the self loathing for a while. only recently have I started to listen to the lyrics. a party with six ex's in attendance. What a scene.
Speaking of six. Time for another Cerveza.
Yeah, music means a great deal to me. It brings you to levels of euphoria and reminds you of despair. I always tear up when I hear Heroes, by Bowie. I know I am depressed if I reach for Husker Du, Candy Apple Grey. The Crowes & the Dead make me remember life is good. Weezer, Beverly Hills just cam on. It reminds me that i am getting a little deep and stop taking myself so seriously.
Pacifico, my darling, here I come.

No comments: