Monday, December 04, 2006

So much to say

So hard to say it. For the seven or eight people who read this you will have to wait another week. I jokingly say on my profile something to the effect of "those in the know, know". Well that is quite true the past few months.
I have never cared less about work. I had my year-end performance review today at Starbucks. I was connected to the interent to access some Lilly info for my review. After a few minutes, I actually started surfing Cyclingnews, velonews, bikereg and a few blogs, during the review. My manager did not have a clue and I was two feet away from him. Unreal. The highlight of the eval was my monstrous rice krispy treat & soy mocha.
Riding is going well. The legs are really responding with a good ride at States & great ride at Reston. They were fun days on a bike. Yesterday, I was very aware of what was going on. People taking pics, what announcers are saying, who is cheering, people watching. It was somewhat surreal. The race was hard, but I was so in tune with everything. That is, until that last greasy little root that I bobbled and lost contact w/ Joe & Gunnar my Gunnar. At least I concentrated on something positive for a while.
Personally, today I woke up and said "today is a new day". Tomorrow I will do the same. At least I had the company of a good friend to hang with this weekend. That makes life more bearable.
To all my cross friends and aquaintences, it was a great season. Thanks for racing and making weekends fun.

4 comments:

HEFOLY said...

Word. Great results.

dk said...

What??? Did I hear you say you had FUN on your bike?? Way to go man. Let's have some beers after Natz.

Geronimo K said...

"Everything happens for a reason, will you have the vision to see it." - anonymous

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

thank you for all your hard work.
you are the boss of cross.

mad respect
fm