Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ding dong the (w)(b)itch is dead

Brenna is done! Hoo Haa. That is one person that was so ingratiating that I could not stand her. Just an absolute pompous self-centered C U Next Tuesday!
My girl Pick Pickler hung tough and was her spunky little hayseed self. What movie was the hayseed reference from. Hint, the Coen Brothers.
Speaking of Hayseeds, that Bucky is classic. I like him because, he is so unassuming and unpretentious. Someone does need to coach him to either speak less or sing all of his answers as statements from Skynard songs. It is a shame the little punk outlasted Sway. I am not a big Stevie Wonder fan, but I thought Sway was decent. I can not get over the little dude's lisp.
So the judges say it is all about song choice. I am hoping that Gene Simmons comes back as a guest judge, but in the phase where the contestants sing KISS songs. That would be sweet. Every contestant must sing Christine Sixteen, and then their fave KISS tune. Rock on!

So on to a little politics. The powers that be at CD high school seem to be trampling all over the first ammendment right of free speech. It seems a student was "placed" in an "alternative" ed program. Some other students objected to his placement so they have taken to wearing "Free Turk" homemade t-shirts and writing the slogan on book covers, backs of hands, etc... Basically a peaceful, visible protest. Well the CD Board has supended 20 students for showing their support of Turk. The ACLU is now involved and is going to file suit. If I were a CD taxpayer I would be freakin' pissed because the school is upholding the suspensions and are going to challenge the ACLU. There is precedent to show this type of action is free speech. More taxpayer money down the shitter, just like Dover. When did school districts take the stance that they are going to impose their will instead of educate their kids?

3 comments:

dk said...

"Well, which is it young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'ma gonna be in motion."

One of the funniest movies ever.

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

what did the first kid do? not that it makes a difference, but just curious...

respect
fm

He to the B said...

Big mystery, as to the first kid. No name is being mentioned, no reason being given. Kids say he was assigned, school says by choice. All agree he is in alt ed.
Latest update is two kids & the ACLU have officially filed a suit.