Sunday, March 05, 2006

Who hires/promotes these people?

Contrary to the tone of this post, I do like the company that I work for and I do enjoy what I do, when I actually get to see a physician and have a good discussion.
Here goes. Some knucklehead 20something on the Strattera brand team got the brilliant idea to send a framed photocopy of letter a kid wrote to Lilly, thanking "us" for making Strattera as it changed her life. Here is where the shit goes wrong:
1) It was an f'in photocopy of the letter, at least do a print for crissakes.
2) I do not care. Do you think anyone will actually hang this in their home. Gee friends, look what Mona sent me. Do you want to motivate me, send me money or find ways to challenge me.
3) It was in a nicely matted design. Three openings, beveled, and all different sizes. Not cheap
4) Nice frame w/ real glass, also not cheap. Remember this goes out to 1,000+ people.
5) It was sent UPS in a regular box, no bubblewrap, with other materials.
6) The glass was very broken when it got to my house.
The upside is with the broken glass, it came out of the frame easier when I threw the photocopy and said glass away. I now just need to find a few pics that fit the openings and print a little descriptor for the small opening.
The thing is some freakin' nipplehead thought that this is a good motivator. The brand team sent a letter saying this is a thank you for a hard year's work. Is a prudent way to spend resources? I now that I am a cynic, that is not really a bad thing, but really why not send evryone a $20 AMEX. Shit like that is what happens when a 20 something with no real world experience and 1 or 2 years of pharma sales is put in a decision making, position of responsibility. The shame is he/she will probably be blessed because they could move to Indy and do a bullshit picture frame project and then come out and be my manager in a couple of years. What the F can he/she possibly say to bring benefit to someone, anyone with 10 years in the industry and reads more disease state journals than most docs? " Well why don't you give the well respected psychiatrist this little school bus lunch box and fill it with popcorn and tell the doc that Strattera works while little Mona is at school and in the evening." That is what the popcorn is for, get it. Tee hee hee, picture hair tossing and boob jiggling as you read the previous quote.
Yes, that is what some parts of Big Pharma are coming to. I do a Neurology CME on neuropathic pain and medical comorbidities in my free time while some f'in twit thinks up ways to incorporate a short bus lunch box into a medical discussion.

No comments: