Monday, December 24, 2007

The incredible lightness of being...or

Letting go, to get a grip. With a ton, the past 2 1/2 weeks, of time off from work you really get to thinking. I finally came to peace with something I have essentially being denying for years. I called the person this affected most and let them know. It was a hard call. Immediately after the call I ventured out on the bike, incredibly ironic for those who may of what I speak, for what was to be an easy 90 minutes. I immediately noticed that I was singing to my Ipod. I was going relatively easy, but I felt like everything was light & easy. I was taking in my surroundings and had a weird sense of calm. Next thing I know, I am an hour in and still going west. All I really wanted to do was keep on riding and enjoy the peace and sun. Hell, even a 15-20 mph headwind was not bugging me. I had not felt this a peace with myself in a long time.
So today I checked that last piece of baggage. I offered a heartfelt mea culpa. I let go of that last bit of guilt, and got a good solid grip on where I am at.
A lot has been written about not being able to commit yourself to a future, if you will not let go of your past. Today, I am committing to my future. More on that to come.
Happy Holidays to all.

4 comments:

Lucky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ahhh, ok. Your hour is up, get up off my sofa, I have another patient coming in for the next hour.

He to the B said...

Gladly.

Anonymous said...

come back next week. Same day, same time