Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Nooner with a Virgin

Yeah, yeah don't you wish! Different nooner, different virgin.
Got done early and skidaddled over to Pinchot to poach some fresh snow trails. It was awesome. The perfect way to kill some time before work committments tonight. To spin around with 1-2" of fresh snow was sublime. No tracks but me. The park was mine. Falling snow, fresh trails, no worries, no cares. You can not get lost, just look for your trails. I think tomorrow I will do the same thing, just a little longer.
Today reminded me just how much fun riding a bike can be. No bike game cares, no training parameters. Just me, the bike, the snow, the trails.
Since I am skipping Cross Nats, the next couple weeks will be chock full of anti-gaming fun. Fixie rides, snow MTB, maybe even some bike polo next weekend. While the roadies are gearing up, I am going to enjoy some time on the land of misfit bikes. My 12ish year old SMOR 853 and my CAAD 8 fixie. These buggers sit patiently awaiting their turn. They know how much I love them. They know they bring peaceful happiness and not gaming stress and pleasure.
So my weekly recomendo is to get out and have a nooner. Either kind will do.

No comments: