Friday, August 15, 2008

The end is nigh

or is it.
Iron Hill tomorrow for the last Enduro of the MASS season. After a good season I may come up a hair short on one of my major season goals. That is fine by me. I tried to win the Enduro series, yet knew that I was competing against a stronger endurance rider in my teammate
Licktenballsner. He has beaten me even up at every event. Hopefully tomorrow we can do another VisitPA.com 1-2. Maybe I can even get the V this weekend.
After that it is 7 Springs. Team event vs the solo. Wiser minds and wiser times have prevailed on that choice. We look to be strong, so hopefully a team V will be in order. Even on the top step that V will be super bittersweet as there is definitely somewhere I would rather be, watching a race. That just leaves Bear Creek to warap it up for the MTB season. Crazy thing is there are three friggin' cross races between 7 Springs and Bear Creek. WTF!?!?!
Putting in the cross bike time the past week or so to get used to it. Feels good, thoughts of sugarplum fairies are dancin' even. Maybe that is because the training time has been more fun of late?
A little backyard cinema the other night was super fun. I can only imagine what the neighbors think. I believe the cinema is getting fired up on aturday as well. Hell, I may even be getting fired up on Saturday as well. Dark Chocolate smores, Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA and Van Wilder, The ride of Taj.
Yeah man, it is finally pretty damn good to be me.
On a bummer note, I will miss a going away party for a very good friend tomorrow. I owe so much to this guy that it is not even funny. It is one of those debts that you can never repay, yet hope some day to make a small dent. Dude, hooked me up with a cross team, a road team and prolly had a say for VisitPA.com as well. More than that, on a long weekend to Cincy a few years back, he and the coolest 'burgh cyclist around came to my rescue more than they will ever know. In a lifetime a person can only hope to be so lucky to have friends like I have. To have the good fortune to have enjoyed this particular friendship has been a true blessing. Be well my friend. Enjoy.

No comments: