Sunday, July 27, 2008

Because I know you are just dying to find out

The non-race weekend is officially over, well until next weekend when I may do it all again. Blasphemy, I know. Being that I am not so good at sitting still I needed to find something to do. I decided to take up smoking and see if I could get through a full carton in one weekend. Nah, that will have to wait for another off-week.
Friday: vacation day. Went for an awesome ride friday. Four hours of beautiful sun and good times. Just layed in the grass at Fort Hunter and stretched afterwards. It was great. I definitely need to do that again. I did a quick clean-up and zipped to the shop to help out for a few hours. By 8:00 I was cooked.
Saturday: Worked at the shop from 10:00-5:00. Super busy, some people are just put on this earth to be the proverbial fly in the ointment. Some people can really make your day. Thankfully there were more day-makers, than breakers. Got out for a little TT bike recovery ride afterwards to spin the legs out. Very nice. A quick stop at the distributor on a Saturday night made me feel pretty normal. A few of Chico CA's finest Pale Ale's put me in the total chill mode to watch the Tour TT. Talk about boring. Even for a bike techie geek that put me to sleep.
Sunday: Copious amounts of coffee and weed pulling started the day. Followed up by mowing the lawn. A quick shower and off for a cook in at my Mom's, thanks to the weather. Yumdillyicious. A quick virus scan to save her computer from spyware and I was out. I called Seve to see if Seve was home. He was. Another one of Chico CA's finest pale ale's was consumed and I left with a set of wheels and two sets of skewers from Sevelay industries. back to Benyou to clean the garage and bike room. Organized all of my tires and removed some tubies to get ready for some cross season carbon goodness. 34 files baby, hoo ha. A little breather to return some texts and calls from the day and then off for some Brewster's ice cream. Nice. Best ice cream session I have enjoyed in a long time. End the day off with a little blogging and there you have it.
How friggin' boring was that? I almost feel I should apologize if you made it all the wat through.
You know what, you should wish to be so lucky to enjoy the time and company I had this weekend.
I missed racing, however I really enjoyed the weekend.
Have a good week kids.

1 comment:

Regan Bailey, PhD, MPH, RD said...

You should have come to the 101 and sat in a park and drank beer with me all day and watched people be athletic. It was good stuff.