Thursday, July 03, 2008

You just need to find someone...

... that no matter what, will always think that the sun shines out of your ass.
Funny line from the movie Juno. I just got done watching this little flick, it was like the tale of two stories. The first part was really funny and witty with great one-liners from Juno. Awesome sarcasm, right up my alley. The second part was an assessment of relationships. All in all, not a bad flick. Cool quirky music as well.
That title line, and the timing of me hearing it, is somewhat ironic to this weekend. This weekend marks one year of my divorce being final. Some lines in the movie made me think of some things. It was definitely the writer's commentary on relationship's and their dynamics of success and failure. This wrapped around the premise that things are not picture perfect, yet they work out.
There just came a point in time where the sun just stopped shining out of my ass. You know what, one year later, we are probably both better people.
This weekend I will be doing what I love with some of the people I consider my closest friends, in an atmosphere that has become like a rebirth for me. The other irony is that Amy will be two miles away Saturday with some of the people that she holds closest to her, in what is probably a rebirth for her.
So, I hope that those people will think the sun always shines out of her ass.
For me, maybe that someone will eventually come. Until then, I think the sun shines out of the MASS/MAC ass, and that is more than good enough for me.
Enjoy your holiday everyone. Be safe and have fun.

No comments: