Monday, July 21, 2008

Is that Mastercard on the phone?


Super D entry fee $45, WTF
Kenda Nevegal 2.35 front tire $30
Kenda Karma 2.2 rear tire (which rubbed the stays the whole time) $30
Heavy duty tube $4
Putting on the Starts & Stripes jersey. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!


As much as I downplayed it afterwards, I was really excited. I have this uncanny talent for downplaying any accomplishment.
I could do a super long post about the whole course and how it went, but that is a bit self-serving. It was super fun, and to hear my friends and teammates cheering as I turned to the finish was awesome.

7 comments:

Regan Bailey, PhD, MPH, RD said...

Awesome job!!! You should be so proud of yourself, perhaps even consider putting it on your business card?
You should come visit us if you aren't too sick of Toney by now.

He to the B said...

That Toney guy is a good egg, pretty fast as well. He is out getting doughnuts right now. Yum. Breakfast of Champions??? I definitely need to come and visit.

Adam Szczepanski said...

congrats!

what's a Super-D?

Little_Jewford said...

I'll say it again...congrats...where is the podium shot?

van den kombs said...

Congrats on the Super D win !! that is very cool. Also kudos your 4th place XC finish against some tough NE competition.

COngrats to your other teammates on a great weekend esp WES !!

Unknown said...

Nice goin champ!

Nathan said...

Hey Mike, Congrats on the win! Maybe I've been in Europe too long, what the hell is Super-D?