Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pricey little twig, branch, whatever

SRAM X-9 RD
SRAM 971 chain
American Classic rear skewer
RD Hanger

In an instant I go from comfy, fun riding with Pflug'er to all the aforementioned parts being destroyed by a pesky little piece of tree that wants to say hello to my rear derailleur. GRRRR!
The streak is in tact. A mechanical at every race so far. Some are weird, like yesterdays. Some are part of the game, flats, leaks, wheel trueing issues and are of little consequence. All are part of the bike game, and all are frustrating. As the Diggler said yesterday, "that is part of mtb racing."
At least I am not acting like an imbecile when they happen.
Control what you can control, do not ruminate on what you can not. At least that is what I keep telling myself.
Today looks like a good day for a coffee shop ride, except that the coffee shop will be 50 miles away.
Hopefully I can post some pic-a-nic photos after today's cookout.
Enjoy the holiday. I saw a great sign yesterday while out riding.
Memorial Day, it has a meaning.
For those of us who have been selfishly thinking only of a day off work Monday.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Where is this coffee shop? Shippensburg? I believe I was a witness.

He to the B said...

Yes you were.