Sunday, May 04, 2008

Some Weekend high points

Friends for dinner and spending the eve Friday
New race on Saturday
MTB race peeps
The Vee. Steevo, no salute was given.
Being amazed by Rob L.
Nice dinner Saturday night
Killer Rhubarb pie w/ The Adams Family, Ry and fastest Guy's girl
Having the balls to go back to Michaux. I always sucked there.
Riding in 8th until I had to DNF half way through
Getting a ride with a stranger back from where I broke down
Having a great conversation about the outdoors, being active and PA with that person
Not going beserk over DNF reason
Dark chocolate bar while cleaning my bike
Little kids saying the most awesome things "You know why the sun is in my eyes?" "Because your bike is wrecked." Man did that make me laugh and put things in perspective. The little girl's mom was mortified.

Lots of little things here and there made for a nice weekend. I am glad I did not let something that I can not control spoil all the good things from the weekend.

Maybe I am a kinder, gentler version these days?
Maybe I just appreciate people, things and experiences a little bit more?

No matter the reason it is a little more fun to focus on the good, and the things I can control.

No comments: