Monday, January 28, 2008

Big Day at the Ebay office

Six auctions ending. Cash for more toys. I have had this weird policy for the last fifteen years about bike stuff. Only buy something if you sell something bike related to cover it. Now the past ten years have been very efficient. I have had a "bike account" to know what my toy spending allotment would be. The past two years have gone to another level of anal retentiveness. Three accounts, road, mtb & cross.
We all have our hang-ups, but this is a good one. It all started in my deluded haze trying to be a Pro triathlete in the late Eighties, early Nineties. Yes, quite deluded. After ten months in Boulder and missing Hawaii by one spot I found myself in San Antonio, crushed, broke and a few grand in debt and trading labor for a place to sleep. That pretty much ended the romance of the Pro triathlete. Funny thing is I am much faster now than I was then. I can easily afford my toys, but that experience will always keep me in check. Ever since my return to Pennsyltuckey I have steadfastly adhered to one financial principal. If you can not afford to buy it in cash, then do not.
I wonder how Ron & Rod, from 4711 Qualla Dr are doing right now?

No comments: