Sunday, January 06, 2008

Somewhat against my better judgement

Here goes. Each year I set some goals on work, personal and cycling. The work goals are set and have been communicated. Since my work is generally uninspiring I will spare all five of you the details.
Personal, is well, personal. Suffice it to say that no cross racing supermodels fell out of the sky in November or December.
On to cycling. After being around so many successful people who are goal oriented you learn that you can accomplish things you actually set as stretch goals. For instance, with cross my goal was to race in the front group at every MAC race this year. I did that. I realized that I can make a race at that level, not just hope for top ten. That being said, my time around Ry, Wes and Yozell has inspired me greatly. This year the goal is a MTB National Championship jersey. XC, 24 hour, STXC, whatever. Yes, there I said it. I want that jersey. I will put in the work for that jersey. I am not burdened by any of the stresses that I had last year. Even if I fail at this goal I am going to know that I put it out there. There is no hiding behind lesser objectives this year.
There, I said it.
2008 MTB goal is: National Champion
I wonder what Sez is doing right now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice goal Mike. Your inspiration makes me get a little excited about the season.