Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Prom

So last night was the MAC prom and promoters meeting. I was illin' in the AM and it progressively got worse. Meeting went well. Five new events to the schedule. That is good for the sport. Prom festivities went off well, albeit with minimal attendance. It is what it is. I enjoyed seeing everyone that was there. Thanks all for the kind words of support. Had to bug out early and forego dinner. I could barely speak and could not tast anything but Zicam and Ricola anyhow. Met up with some of the shop crew at Brewhouse before going home and had a great time. Poor Benny was getting abused. Never ordered rounds of hot tea and beer before, the tea was needed and the Breckenridge Brewing Vanilla Porter was top notch. I entered the bar with a sultry sore throat Barry White voice and departed with a barely audible high pitch squeak.
Late stop at the grocery store for some tea and finally home a whirlwind twelve hours later. It is amazing how being around good friends can make you forget how shitty you feel.
Yesterday may have topped my new one day texting record. I better call Verizon tomorrow.
I wonder what everyone who missed getting their awards last night was doing instead?

No comments: