Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sometimes I am amazed

Really after working the Mental Health side of Lilly the past six years I probably should not be fazed by shit. Yet some things keep me in check, and usually it is the staff that pulls the doozies. Like today for instance. The food delivery guy decides to tell a joke about a Potato prostitute to me, while there are staff members behind him. Unreal, punchline: " I da Ho" equally as bad when read as when heard.
Then a staff member starts to recount the tale of when her water broke. Felt like 25 gallons she said. I vividly remember because I was trying to eat a bite of shrimp Lo Mein, bad timing all-around. To make it better, another lady chimes in and asked if the water made her carpets stink. When I thought it was done, yet another lady retorts that the breaking/broken water has a sweet smell to it. At this point I actually said "seriously, you guys, it's lunch." Needless to say I was done.
I then got to watch the weird therapist talk to himself as he scooped out Lo Mein by the bucket full. All the while I am looking up in dismay & disgust while the Psych at the other end of the table just returns the same look and shakes his head. Wow!
I can not sleep and that is all I can come up with. Time for some better living through pharmaceuticals. Speaking of which Clemens testifies at 9:30 tomorrow. Dude, is pulling a Palmeiro and flat out lying to the Grand Jury. He is in so deep it is crazy. His whole legacy depends on lying right to the end.
Where the eff is Johnny Cochrane when you need him.
I wonder if Diggler has joined the Army yet?

3 comments:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Mmmm. Stinky carpets.

steevo said...

Not only denial, but an awful one, that you can tell a PR person did not write.

"My body never changed," Clemens says. "If he's putting that stuff up in my body, if what he's saying which is totally false, if he's doing that to me, I should have a third ear coming out of my forehead. I should be pulling tractors with my teeth."

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the 'i'm the only woman in the world who's EVERY had a kid' mentality. Who gives a crap? Not me, and ESPECIALLY at lunch!