Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today is the day

Four meetings today lined up in succession. All four will have a distinct impact on my day to day job satisfaction and my long term work satisfaction. Meetings three and four have the chance to give the framework of the next three plus years of my life. There is an opportunity within the Colonel's Army that interests me. I just need to see; one, if I have support and two, what are the geographical constraints. If the opportunity comes to fruition it would be quite challenging and stimulating, a position that I have always wanted. If this does not come to pass then another door opens that, in the short-term may be even more rewarding and have a more distinct impact on my overall long-term goals. We shall see.
I am actually pretty excited about the whole day.
It is interesting, the impact of timing in life. That was blatantly apparent in some things I read today. Each decision yielding another choice, each choice another outcome. Added in its entirety you hope that everything works out.
Look back at your life. I am sure you can find a defining moment that shaped your life. I know that I can. It was the day I took the challange from Gerald Soltis. Around 50 different bikes later, I owe a large part of my life experience to that man.

No comments: