Sunday, February 17, 2008

That was just dumb...

to not look at the weather map before I started riding
to take off my fenders
to wear the new jacket & fall jersey
to ride the bike path instead of through the semi-hood
to start with a tailwind
to not drink more during the ride
I started out getting a little too warm, as the new jacket is damn sweet. Definitely a 30' jacket. Twenty minutes in I am wet from sweat, soaked legs and ass crack from removing the fenders and riding the slush covered bike path. I was generally not feeling the love. Ride out to the newest gambling mecca of Central PA and turn around. No desire to go to further. That may have been the sole good decision on the ride, As soon as I turn the rain starts coming. Now I am already wet, and not so spritely from being sick. It is now 38 and raining for the next 30 minutes. I wanted to be anywhere but on the bike at that point in time. Rain stops and I get back to the Burg for the last 40 minutes of headwind. Screw this, toss out the anchor and enjoy the hood. Remarkably the throat feels good.
Worked at the shop yesterday. Got shafted on the Pancake dinner. No one at the shop had breakfast with visions of cakes and sausages dancing through our heads. Turns out the breakfast is NEXT Sat. Doh! Pretty dead day. General shop hanging and shooting the shit. Saw K-Mad, Eric & Jules for a little, before they visited the great grandparents. Received a very nice surprise in the mail from UT. That was really cool, thoughtful and heartfelt. Definitely made the day.

No comments: