Tuesday, February 05, 2008

You just have to ask yourself kid...

... is the juice worth the squeeze?
I love the flick, "The Girl Next Door". The general premise is that in your life you will make some very big, impactful decisions. When you are ready to make those decisions you need to think long and hard is this decision one that is really worth making, can you handle the outcome?
I have had two interesting conversations in the past twenty-four hours that bring this concept to light. One was with someone that I am really enjoying spending time with, the other was with someone from my past who really needed to just talk. The premise is still the same. The first conversation led to a question that, when I look back at it now, was hopefully a test of the waters to see if the juice is worth the squeeze. I hope you feel that it is. I do.
The second conversation was with someone who just needed to vent. They are feeling some misplaced repercussions from friends. I offered about as much help as I can offer at the present time.
The thing is, ultimately you really can boil everything down to this.
Is the juice worth the squeeze? Are all the good things that can possibly happen from a decision, enough to outweigh the bad?
That being said, in the couple things that mean the most to me now, the juice is definitely worth the squeeze.

1 comment:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

that movie is such a guilty pleasure...