Monday, February 04, 2008

That dude is a friggin' retard!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that is what must be running through the minds of the general populace as I ride by on a 38 degree day singing. I train with an Ipod, since almost all of my training is by myself. It is essential on longer days. There is only so much to entertain me during a ride. So if a good tune comes on, I have no issues singing along.
Picture this. Off in the distance you hear a nasally warbling that is getting louder as it approaches. Holy Christ what is it & why are the shrieking " I'm seeing things for the first time." They must think it is some weird incarnation of the young pedal bike soul savers coming in for a surprise attack. But wait, he is not wearing a suit, but some garish blue & orange diamond design jacket and he is pedaling along in what looks like Gene Simmons stage shoes from the Destroyer tour. As quick as the surprise came, there it went. Another satisfied local.
So boysies and girlies, the next time you are training alone, take your Ipod. When a good song hits, start singing along. Pay no mind to where you are or what people may think, sing, just belt it out. " You won't find me on my knees, no you won't, no you won't, oh no you won't, cause I'm seeing things for the first time, I'm seeing things for the first, seeing things for the first time, in my life, oh in my life, ooohhhh yeeaahh.
Makes you smile just thinking about it.
Ride hard and sing loud.
I wonder if Flick won any cool cross-sport paylays last night or if he lost Hot Gril's college fund on the National Anthem over-under. BTW I won the Anthem prop bet.

2 comments:

Zach said...

every now and then I catch myself bellowing and I look up to see an unsuspecting bystander. the look on their face is priceless. I love it.

Anonymous said...

With your ipod, can you hear cars coming up behind you?