Thursday, April 10, 2008

Boogie afternoons, bow chicca bow wow

No, no , no, get your minds out of the gutter. I went for a sweet ride with Dirk Diggler at The Farm and a certain area, where we shall say, we did not ride.
Finally a warm day to ride and I spent it in the woods. Not even a hint of remorse for staying away from the sun soaked roads to work on my vanity tan. Hey, when Zayne is a teammate, every little bit of pigment helps.
So Diggler and I rolled a lap of the farm before heading out for me to do some climbing. We totally railed through some stuff, I washed out and ejected a few times, but finally I am getting the feel for the Scalpel, at speed. Once out of the farm we rolled to Tower Rd for the first climb. Most know my general non-love of climbing. I am getting much better and can stay with/near decent climbers now. Well, Willie Shoemaker Diggler friggin' schooled me, as expected. We are talking on the climb and all of the sudden he stands and is gone. WTF?!?! I guess that is what talent and 130 lbs of sopping wet girls petite size will do for you. We continue to roll along for the next hour or so, and it is total fun. Trading off leading and following. At the speed we are riding there is a lot of trust in the person leading. That guy needs to be taking good lines, as the follower is riding on the Trust Bus. At one point little Diggler even said, "I like riding with good riders. You know they will not screw up." High compliment I took there. Definitely it was true when Diggs was leading. 2:45 later we finished up a totally sweet rippin' mtb ride with some fine creekside singletrack. I SCHOOLED HIM! I do not want Diggler to get too big an ego when he stands in front of the full-length mirror before work tommorow.
As I stated before I could not wait to do some good mtb rides with friends. Today was one of those days.
Classic work moment of the day was when I got into a sword/pen fight with a child psych, who I have a good relationship with. The best part was it was me and the psych, in the clinic waiting room, in front of his clients and the kids parents. We are facing off in a joust of drug pens. We were joking around like two high-schoolers. Priceless. Even better was when I told him to stop it and get back to work. Yeah baby, that is how you move product in the pharma industry.
My fave cabby from da Burgh is coming tommorow evening. I will have to keep him awake for at least an hour to hear some Yinzers stories or a good Chew story.
The real deal MTB starts this Sunday. I am moving up to the Elite/Open class. Should be fun. After rolling some fast technical stuff with Diggler today, I am more and more confident. Hopefully the legs will not be sooo tired for Sunday.
Playlist for the drive home was some old school Harrisburg rock. The Syn D' Cats, with a certain FHR skater dad on the drums, if I am not mistaken. Trashy little number, Broken smile and $60 bill. My fave AM personality on the band intro.
Good day.
Time to apply some more Tar to Australia.
Nitey nite.

No comments: