Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gaming for the gamers

A couple of bike games today. TT in the am & STXC mtb in pm.
TT went pretty well. Happy with the time and effort. Quads not so happy. Afterwards I could not even stand to pedal. More than a little concern started creeping through my eggshell mind. After a grand total of six Advils and much Sportsbalm medium balm the legs went from not being able to bend and/or pedal to just a little tight. Sixty minutes of massage on Rte 30 later and I was feeling alright. Long warm-up and I think I can race. Then the heavens opened and the lightning came. As we decided to not race the skies cleared and Robbie L. said we have a small window of clear. Line up to start and here comes the deluge again. Just like mud cross. Slick corners and muddy face from drafting. Then the legs come around. I feel good. Attack a little and have a gap while in second. The KABOOM huge thunder and some flashy flash. Don M. comes running out and calls the race as agreed upon at the start. I was happy wiser heads prevailed.
So a nice TT ride for me, with 6th in the 1,2 and 2nd in STXC and we will call it a fun day with much dirty clothes and wet bikes.
Stopped in West Chester to see Muur Conqueror, K-Mad and Jules. Dinner and Duvel and it looks like an overnight is in order.
Good week all.

No comments: