Thursday, April 17, 2008

Daddy Longlegs and the competitve rhythms

First off. Let me clarify the poll. I will clarify it this way. I vote on all of my own polls. Right now the vote is 5 to 0 in favor of the ability to have a platonic relationship. Take a guess which one I voted for? I know that probably a mindbender for Hoovis. Enough of that.

The euro trash personna's of Zayne, Dieter and Van der Zell speak of the competitive rhythms that one experiences while on the two wheeled machine. I had good competitive rhythm of late. I feel no chain, float up climbs while texting and squash all with my Euro mullet. OK the Euro mullet is a little stretch. You get the idea though.
My competitive rhythm is a bit different. Brace yourself, my legs feel longer. Yes, Daddy longlegs mofo. My legs feel longer, Like they are just spinning wicked quick little circles with no effort. I was there yesterday, so much so i was tweaking seat height. Felt like Daddy Longlegs again today. Even got off the bike to check seat height. The competitive rhythm is there.
What is interesting is convincing myself to trust the longlegs feel and know things are going well.
Poor group ride guys felt the daddy longlegs rhythm tonight. I was texting as I passed people up a few little climbs and on the front. All with the Ipod in. Classy, I know. Seems a few took offense and tried to attack. I kept texting and said "ckeeky little move." Rolled up to them as we started a section with a few little rollers and a super wicked chicane downhill that can be railed.

On the second rise the stars aligned. On came The Who, Who are you, Covered by the Stereophonics. The opening squeal matched the rhythm, then the super sweet Whooooo are you, repeating. I was signing and ready to jump out of my skin. Rhythm and sensations are there, here it comes time to go. Boom. Woke up in a Soho doorway, attack. ....And the breeze blew back my hair" jump again. "I remember throwing punches around..." Drill the top. Descend through the chicane. Just as verse 2 opens it is full gas over the tracks and up the rise. Crest at 32 and hold 30 for 1/2 mile stretch to the road. I had 30 seconds in about one mile, nice.
Yeah, that is what good tunes and Daddy Longlegs competitive rhythm will get you. How can you slow down when you hear "who the eff are you" blaring in your ears, and the Daddy Longlegs are ticking?
That my friends is another reason I love riding bikes. Where else can you you get the sensation that your legs are longer? OK, maybe Peyote, but that is a different angle altogether.
Tan lines have finally made an appearance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your facts straight, no one attacked you while you played with your techno gaggets. Feels good beating up on a bunch of winter fat f****. U da man.

BBP said...

a couple of comments...platonic relationships. i was once told the following. relationships with women come in 2 types, those that you have "had", and those that you want to "have". it seems logical, but i however don't completly agree with it. so walk on, not away.

secondly, a beef...i still don't have a link. let me recap, a triple post in a day, flanders recap with links & pics, ugh. also, i am flattered my exploits have made you reevaluate your goals, but i want more. shameless recognition of my feat. a link from your blog, anything. at 200lbs+, pale white, tree trunk legs(comparitively), and while pedaling squares, i still climbed the MUUR. any of your skinny friends do that????