Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Schedule

Appease me, I know you do not care, nor would I expect you to. This is about goals and how writing them makes them real.

4/26 Deep Blue STXC

4/27 Greenbrier. Personal redemption after last year's physical and mental metldown.

5/3 Cat Classic. A change in sched, for the better.

5/10 French Creek. Big star, as in personal challenge. As in longest race to date.

5/17 Rocktober. See above

5/24 Granogue Enduro. Last in the big 3 Enduro blast. My own personal spring classic season.

5/25 Drink myself silly and watch movies on the side of neighbor's house.

5/31 D&Q sizzler.

6/7 Tour de Tykes weekend. STXC takes on big importance.

6/8 See above

6/15 Stoopid 50 marathon. Another big mental challenge. How good am I?

6/21 12 hours of Round Top. If I recover from Stoopid 50.

6/27 Black Crowes & DMB

6/28-29 What, a weekend to be a "normal" person?

7/4-6 The most fun you can have on two wheels

7/13 Fair Hill XC

7/19 Basket, meet eggs. All the eggs, meet basket. Mt Snow Stars & Stripes weekend

7/27 Nottingham STXC. Diggler and Lej in the battle of anorexia

8/2-3 Open, imagine that

8/9 God's Country marathon

8/16 Iron Hill Enduro

8/23-24 No races, for good reason

8/30-31 Big M effer of a pipe dream here 7 Springs solo. If the Endurnace series is the goal, and it is. You need to respect the series and go solo for 24.

9/1 Hopefully be able to walk, talk, eat, etc...



9/13 cross season starts with another 20ish races



"Only" 24 summer season races, 9 of which should be 4-6 hours or greater.



See, I knew I could cut back and race less than 50 events this year.

Maybe I should stop wondering why I have next to no social life.

My "social" life is the race atmosphere. Until you are there and see all the great people it really is hard to explain the happiness that it brings.

4 comments:

K-hamm said...

Dont you think we should battle for anorexia (yes i did look it up to make sure i spelled it right)before Mt. Snow?

Zach said...

wow, I missed an important week in blogging. WOW. Kind of entertaining to read all of that, knowing you and rick both, and how nice both of you are. I hate hate. It was good to see you this weekend mike.

van den kombs said...

Good Luck at Greenbrier. Sounds like things can only improve from last year.

Definitely go 24 solo at 7Springs, but do yourself a favor and invest in some good HID lighting..it helps at 3 am when you are trying to stay awake. ALso get a person or two for support.

Anonymous said...

Good words.