Monday, March 31, 2008

Ahh the weekend, or a first time for everything

I guess it started sometime Friday. Finished up work and went to meet A. She asked me once how much a "man's man" I am. Keep in mind I am 154 lbs sopping wet with guns the size of pipecleaners and ankles and legs that could be mistaken for chopsticks. That led to asking if I would be willing to get a manicure/pedicure with her sometime. That brings us to Friday. Damn my feet are friggin' hot! A nice pampering pedi and foot massage. Have it Doucheblog.
Friday night brought the Yinzers from the Burgh to crash for Bike Game #1. Sprinter extraordinnaire saw the new Slice and damn near went ballistic. I am expecting a call any day now to assess how I actually got the bike and why I went through MTB team. I think the answer as to why is the fact I have it.
Bike Game went not so well. Overdressed. For me that meant knee warmers. After 15 minutes they were down at my ankles Irene Cara Flashdance style. Many comments on that through the race. DISCLAIMER. The next line is for Steevo, Babik & Mayhew. I will not stoop to Chodroff levels. Avg power for 2:30 282 watts, NP was 323, best 1 hr NP 340, TSS 320. Yes kids that is what sitting on the front in an uphill headwind will do. Turner & I had no chance vs 3 Rite Aid pros, Ramon & Empire guy. Rest of field basically rolled around. Finished, that was good.
Got my tix for Crowes. That was awesome, thanks K-Mad's mom & A from 'TPA. Funny good luck text from A, and the obligatory sass. Very funny. Team rolling to line & I am texting. Nice.
Sunday was the first road tire 29'er ride. Five hours went pretty quick although knee was getting sore.
Then the supposed coup de gras of new experiences. ROLLER DERBY. Went to see H.A.R.D. scrimmage. It was an eye opening experience to say the least. Who knew that Roller Derby is a generational way to spend a Sunday evening? I did not? Grandma's smoking Malboro's and pounding Keystone Light's in the parking lot at intermission. Americana baby. It was equal parts, intriguing, disturbing and educational. There were way too many "big" girls in fishnets for my taste. The repulsion factor was pretty high. There was one chick who was wicked fast and very fit. You couls tell she schooled all the others, Mother Trucker was the name. The cool moment of the night was when one of the skaters went to see her kids and husband after the match. The kids jumped up in her arms and she gave them big hugs and a kiss to the hubby. That was cool. Maybe Roller Derby is a family affair. I can say that Roller Derby is now in the file of " glad i did it once, never again."
Off to Wegman's for some cards, I like card shopping, and other food stuff. Hope the cards go well. $87 later I leave the store. WTF. Word to the wise. The tipping point on truly delicious dark chocolate is 72%. I got the 88% last night, not even appealing.
Watched my Ebay auctions go for about $300 less than I wanted, yet covered all of my costs, so that was good. Two sets of wheels brought $1,500. Sweet.
So that was the weekend.
Tonight is birthday dinner with A. Still have not bought a gift, have some ideas bought it is challenging to not purchase too much, too little, special enough, yet not too special. This dating stuff is hard.

2 comments:

Chris Mayhew said...

How many TSS points did you get jumping the shark?

steevo said...

http://www.steelcityderbydemons.com/t-refs.htm

Check out "pa skate trooper" that is my bro.